Monday, April 27, 2009

Aaron and School

Well, Lets just say, they don't mix. It took him longer to get through High School, but mostly becuase I think he just didn't care. And now longer to get through college. I don't really care, I'm just proud of him for working and supporting his family alone, and then on top of that going to school full time and passing (for the most part).

Aaron is highly intellegent. I have never met someone that can figure out things the way he does. He definately thinks differently, but he can figure things out that even someone we might consider to be really smart can't. The problem is that he just doesn't do well in school. Aaron has embalmed before becuase he used to have provisional licenses to do so, and is admittedly by other funeral directors, one of the best embalmers they have ever seen, yet he can't make it through the schooling that you are supposed to have to do that. Why? becuase it's not hands on doing. That is how Aaron learns the best. They have to take much of the same classes that any other degree requires. English, Math, Accounting, Small Business Management, Anatomy, Psychology, etc. I want to help him so bad but there is really nothing I can do for him. He is passing all his classes but one (grief psychology) in which his teacher, by Aaron's admission, doesn't really teach.

He has finals this week, and then the next two weeks (i guess) he has "comps" which is where he takes tests on everything he ever learned in this school, however some of it he went through years ago. He is scared, and stressed. He feels like he isn't going to make it. Becuase he works at a funeral home at the present time, his job is contingent on him passing school. He just got this job back and I really feel like it was the provision of the Lord. I know that Aaron can do it, but he doesn't, and he keeps speaking it in to being that he isn't going to make it. I have tried to talk to him, but I just don't think he really understands what I'm saying, or that that is really true. Please keep Aaron in your prayers these next two weeks as he finishes school. I'm really so proud of him that he has made it this far, and I just want him to get the boost of confidence that he needs to beleive in himself, and lean on the Lord.

Thanks!

No comments: